Sunday, November 21, 2010

INSPIRATIONS


I am inspired by a clear autumn day in the greater Rochester area, when the sky is blue, and the tree leaves begin to turn red, yellow, orange and gold, a trip to the Lilac Festival in the spring, trees decorated with snow in the winter, and the beaches of lake Ontario in the summer, a walk through the rain forest in Puerto Rico, ( my birthplace ) where it rains four times a day producing many water falls throughout the forest, where I saw plant leaves that are as large as an umbrella. I am inspired by birds and animals, by the amazing images of outer space taken by hubble, the space telescope.

The universe is awe inspireing. As I contemplate outer space, I see intention and intelligent design. There are those who believe in the theory of evolution, that everything came into existence by chance. Those who walk in the dark are incapable of seeing the truth. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life. And he said. I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the light, which is life.

I am inspired by my belief that God has extended his creative power to humankind. He created us to be creative. He has given us talents that should be developed. We have excelled in science, technology and the arts. We construct buildings, and infrastructure, manufacture airplanes and automobiles, we travel through outer space, and create great works of art. The bible inspires me. Words that reveal Gods immense love for all. Like in John 3:16, where it says; For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Words like these would motivate me to create works of art, to share with others, the gospel truth.

May my words and art work inspire you to choose to walk in the light. and if you do walk in the light, to continue in faith, from glory to glory.—Erasmo

No comments: